What is a Memorial Service Program?
The memorial service program (sometimes called a funeral program, funeral obituary program, funeral brochure, memorial pamphlet or funeral order of service) is the printed program that is given out at funeral services or memorial services that outlines the funeral or memorial service and summarizes the life achievements of your loved one. Funeral programs and memorial programs can also be sent electronically, through email or posted to social media. These programs can also be mailed to those who cannot attend the funeral service.
Memorial Service programs contain what is called an obituary. Funeral obituaries are life stories, accomplishments, and public notifications about recently deceased people, and they may have several different versions. While a newspaper obituary might be short and focused on survivors and funeral service information, the obituary in the funeral program can be longer and tell a more detailed story. It is the centerpiece of the program, which can serve as a very informative keepsake about a person’s life and about the final services.
Memorial Programs normally contain the following:
- Cover photo, name, birth/passing date, funeral service location/dates/time.
- Funeral Program Order of Service
- Funeral Poems, scriptures, pallbearers, acknowledgments, etc.
- Memorial Photo collages
Funeral Programs are usually laid out as follows:
- Front Cover (usually contains a photo, name, dates, and service location)
- Inside Left (usually contains the obituary)
- Inside Right (usually contains order of service)
- Back Cover (usually contains poems, pallbearers, acknowledgments, photos, etc.)
Depending on the size and number of pages you select for your program there will be room for tributes, photo collages and anything else you may want your memorial pamphlet to contain. All our programs are completely customizable, so you can add or remove anything you want from template. For any difficulties, please reach out to us on our contact us page, or call 888-432-8363 today!